Single malt Scotch whisky
Corryvreckan takes its name from the famous whirlpool that lies to the north of Islay, where only the bravest souls dare to venture. Swirling aromas and torrents of deep, peaty, peppery taste lurk beneath the surface of this beautifully balanced Ardbeg dram. Like the whirlpool itself, Corryvreckan is not for the faint-hearted!
Intense and powerful, with lots of salt and tar, but also with an appealing dark chocolate sweetness and rich red fruits and muscovado sugar. Lots of pepper on the palate, and a mouthful of black tarry espresso balanced by soft, rich fruits. A long, powerful finish with black coffee, chocolate coated cherries and hot pepper sauce.
There have been no floor maltings at Ardbeg since 1977, so all the malt that is used in the production of Ardbeg comes from the maltings in Port Ellen. Once the malt arrives at the distillery it is stored in malt bins for a few days before being crushed into a substance called grist in a malt mill.
There are 2 traditional brands of malt mill, Porteous and (more unusually) Boby. The mill at Ardbeg is a Boby mill.
Why choose The Whisky Shop?
- We value your custom and your order will receive the personal attention of one of our highly experienced team
- We package your order with the greatest of care
- Your order will be delivered by a well respected courier company, selected on their track record for customer delivery service
- We offer a Click and Collect service from any of our 22 stores
- We offer a choice of delivery options
- We offer international delivery on all of our products
- If you have any questions or would like more information, you can pick up the phone to us on +44 (0) 141 427 2977
Ardbeg CorryvreckanReview by Ed (Posted on 13/02/2015)