Single malt Scotch whisky
21 year old
In days gone by, the 'Dipping Dog' would have been employed by thirsty employees at the Balvenie distillery to pilfer whisky by lowering a cylinder into a cask. On retrieving it, its canny owner would have secured his haul by tightly sealing the opening with a cork.
Then the precious contents would have been gently lowered down the employee's trouser leg by a piece of rope and tethered to his belt. The cylinder became know as a 'dog' on account of it being a man's best friend that, like its canine counterpart, was also kept on a lead by one's side.
Today this ingenious contraption is utilised by the Malt Master, David Stewart when sampling an expression directly from the cask.
Why choose The Whisky Shop?
- We value your custom and your order will receive the personal attention of one of our highly experienced team
- We package your order with the greatest of care
- Your order will be delivered by a well respected courier company, selected on their track record for customer delivery service
- We offer a Click and Collect service from any of our 22 stores
- We offer a choice of delivery options
- We offer international delivery on all of our products
- If you have any questions or would like more information, you can pick up the phone to us on +44 (0) 141 427 2977