A story like no other, the Balvenie DCS Compendium brings together fifty years of expertise with twenty-five amazing single cask whiskies from the Speyside distillery. Named for Malt Master, David C. Stewart, the DCS Compendium is a unique offering, spread across five years of releases, each chapter delivers five single cask releases alongside a chapter of the companion book.
The book itself, a collaboration between David Stewart and Dr Samuel Simmons, promises to be a treasure trove of wisdom from Stewart with chapters covering distillery style, the influence of oak, secrets of the stock model, expecting the unexpected and the Malt Master’s indulgence. Add to that the prospect of more than two dozen single cask expressions of the Balvenie single malt and you have something very special indeed.
This year sees the release of Chapter Two in the Compendium, bringing with it whiskies ranging in age from fifteen to forty-three years old. Only fifty numbered Chapter Sets of all five whiskies will be released, presented in European oak and brass frames, handmade by Scottish craftsman, Sam Chinnery, while the remaining bottles from each cask will be sold individually.
The complete set includes:
- - the Balvenie 43 Year Old, filled to a European oak Oloroso sherry butt on 31st October 1972;
- - the Balvenie 26 Year Old, filled to a first fill American oak bourbon barrel on 1st May 1990;
- - the Balvenie 25 Year Old, filled to a European oak Oloroso sherry butt on 3rd October 1990;
- - the Balvenie 19 Year Old filled to a European oak Port puncheon on 6th August 1997;
- - the Balvenie 15 Year Old filled to a European oak Pedro Ximenez sherry butt on 25th April 2001.
More from the Balvenie
15 Year Old
Single Barrel Sherry Cask
£83 Buy Now
25 Year Old
Single Barrel Oak Cask
£425 Buy Now
40 Year Old
IWSC Gold Winner 2016
£3,250 Buy Now