Waterford Digital Drams
We are so excited for our next Digital Drams, our online tasting event, which will feature a selection from one of Ireland's most hyped new distilleries - Waterford.
Using 100% Irish-grown barley from individual farms, Waterford whisky showcases a distinct flavour profile of one place and time - with each release crafted to celebrate the unique characteristics of its terroir. Waterford's methods are influenced by the worlds greatest wine makers, and the importance they place upon the grape. Therefore, they are on a mission to extract the most flavour naturally from the original source - barley. Founder Mark Reynier is a former wine merchant, which explains Waterford's unique wine-like approach. As a result, Waterford are the largest producer of organic and biodynamic whiskies, as they champion natural flavour.
Originally a Guinness brewery built in 2004, Waterford distilleries’ site can trace its history as an active brewery back to 1792. Reynier purchased the premises in 2014 and, in 2016, the first spirit ran off the stills. Their first two editions were released in 2020: the first two Single Farm Origin bottlings.
For the tasting, you will receive a sample of:
- Waterford The Cuvee - this impressive bottling pulls together spirits from Waterford's Single Farm Origins series to create an outstanding Irish whiskey.
- Waterford Heritage Hunter 1.1 - an expression made from barley named for plant breeder Dr Herbert Hunter. The team at Waterford cultivated the last remaining grain, and produced a crop large enough for distillation.
- Waterford Ballybannon 1.1 - a peated expression made from barley grown in Ballybannon in Co. Carlow.
- Waterford Ballykilcaven 1.2 - an expression made from 100% Taberna barley grown by David Walsh-Kemmis in the Irish barley heartlands to the west of The Barrow in Co. Laois.
- And the upcoming Waterford Cuvée Argot - made by marrying together several Single Farm Origins expressions with a hint of true Irish peat.
The event will take place on a Wednesday, on the 5th of April at 7.30pm, rather than our usual Thursday, and hosted via Zoom.
Each pack is £20 including delivery for W Club members in the UK and £25 including delivery for non-W Club members. To join our W Club, click here.