Single malt Scotch whisky
12 year old
Bunnahabhain lies on the north-eastern tip of Islay and means 'mouth of the river'. Distillery building commenced in 1881 and the following year full production began.
Bunnahabhain is quite distinct from the other Islay single malts - firstly, it is created using unpeated malted barley in a time-honoured distillation process and secondly, this isolated coastal sanctuary takes advantage of the pure spring water that flows freely underground away from the peaty moorlands.
This 12 year old expression showcases the "fruit and nut" signature style of Bunnahabhain.
Bunnahabhain...surely the toughest distillery name to pronounce.
If you say it as "Bunna-ha-van", you won't go far wrong.
Why choose The Whisky Shop?
- We value your custom and your order will receive the personal attention of one of our highly experienced team
- We package your order with the greatest of care
- Your order will be delivered by a well respected courier company, selected on their track record for customer delivery service
- We offer a Click and Collect service from any of our 22 stores
- We offer a choice of delivery options
- We offer international delivery on all of our products
- If you have any questions or would like more information, you can pick up the phone to us on +44 (0) 141 427 2977
"No peat but hard to beat"Review by Eric (Posted on 17/02/2015)