Single malt Scotch whisky
Billy Stitchell worked at the distillery for almost 40 years, eventually as distillery manager, before he retired at the end of 2013.
Billy was the fourth generation of his family to work at Caol Ila being preceded by his father, both his grandfathers and his great-grandfather. Their unbroken line is proof that tradition and expertise matter.
This unpeated expression is a smooth-talking, easy-drinking powerhouse from the Caol Ila Distillery on the Island of Islay. A powerfully, punchy, warming and sweet-spicy whisky with a mighty vitality and a smooth texture.
The Caol Ila Distillery was established in 1846 on the coast near Port Askaig, by Hector Henderson. Caol Ila means "Sound of Islay" in Gaelic. A waterfall supplied power for barley hoists and pressure for fire hydrants. Until the late 1950s Caol Ila brought barley and sent its casks to market from Islay's remote shores on M.V. Pibroch, a traditional island coaster or "Puffer" boat.
Why choose The Whisky Shop?
- We value your custom and your order will receive the personal attention of one of our highly experienced team
- We package your order with the greatest of care
- Your order will be delivered by a well respected courier company, selected on their track record for customer delivery service
- We offer a Click and Collect service from any of our 22 stores
- We offer a choice of delivery options
- We offer international delivery on all of our products
- If you have any questions or would like more information, you can pick up the phone to us on +44 (0) 141 427 2977