Single malt Scotch whisky
15 year old
Proud to be one of the last independent distilleries in Scotland, the Glenfiddich distillery in Speyside was founded by William Grant in 1887.
This 15 Year Old expression is a truly special single malt that exemplifies the family's tradition of innovation. Its warm, spicy flavours are created using a technique pioneered by the Malt Master, David Stewart, and continued to this day.
Aged in European, American, and New American oak to carefully release the virgin cask flavours, the whisky is then mellowed in unique Solera vat before being married in Portuguese oak tuns. Bursting with flavour, this is a personal favourite at the Distillery.
The Solera system is unique to Glenfiddich in the Scotch whisky world and uses an idea borrowed from Spanish sherry-makers.
The Glenfiddich Solera Vat holds around 37,000 litres and has been kept at least half full since it was built and filled with 15 year old Glenfiddich in 1998. As 15 year old Glenfiddich whisky is always used to refill the vat, the whisky is allowed to be given a "15 year old" age statement. But, since the vat has never been emptied, a little of every batch that has ever been in the vat remains behind, mixing with the next batch and creating an award-winning whisky that has much greater depth and character than its 15 years might suggest.
Why choose The Whisky Shop?
- We value your custom and your order will receive the personal attention of one of our highly experienced team
- We package your order with the greatest of care
- Your order will be delivered by a well respected courier company, selected on their track record for customer delivery service
- We offer a Click and Collect service from any of our 22 stores
- We offer a choice of delivery options
- We offer international delivery on all of our products
- If you have any questions or would like more information, you can pick up the phone to us on +44 (0) 141 427 2977
Amazing sweetness and value for money dramReview by Andreas (Posted on 27/02/2015)
With an amazing maple syrup flavour, like sweetness probably from the Solera vat maturation. Hints of cinnamon, cloves and vanilla - wow !
Try it, sure you will enjoy it.