This classic cocktail originated in Florence in 1919 when Italian Count Negroni requested gin be added to his Americano cocktail. A complex concoction of equal parts gin, bitter Campari and sweet vermouth, the Classic Negroni is usually served over ice to dilute the intensity, but can also be served with a splash of club soda.
For our Negroni we've gone for Roku Japanese gin, Campari and Martini Rosso sweet vermouth.
- 25ml gin
- 25ml Campari
- 25ml sweet vermouth
- 50ml-75ml chilled club soda (optional)
- Orange slice to garnish
- Shake gin, Campari and vermouth with ice.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
- Add club soda if required.
- Garnish with an orange slice.