Single malt Scotch whisky
14 year old
Oban is made using only the finest barley, malted to the distillery's own particular specification. The tiny lantern-shaped copper pot stills are among the smallest in Scotland; their rich, fruity malt is then slowly condensed in wooden worm tubs that sit outside among the rooftops, before being aged in oak casks for at least 14 years.
The Oban distillery is one of Scotland's smallest distilleries with just two small lantern-shaped stills. Cramped conditions led to unusually short lyne arms. Built in the centre of Oban as a brewery by town founders John and Hugh Stevenson, distilling began in 1794. Rebuilt 1890-94 by J. Walter Higgin. The distillery occupies a unique but small town centre site that prevents expansion. Closure was announced in 1968 but it was reprieved in 1972.
This is a "something for everyone" whisky - with a very broad and balanced flavour profile.
Why choose The Whisky Shop?
- We value your custom and your order will receive the personal attention of one of our highly experienced team
- We package your order with the greatest of care
- Your order will be delivered by a well respected courier company, selected on their track record for customer delivery service
- We offer a Click and Collect service from any of our 22 stores
- We offer a choice of delivery options
- We offer international delivery on all of our products
- If you have any questions or would like more information, you can pick up the phone to us on +44 (0) 141 427 2977