This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here.
    x
    Login    Register    Customer service    +44 (0)141 427 2977
    Menu

    Glentauchers Single Malt Whisky

    The Glentauchers distillery was founded in 1897 by renowned blender James Buchanan (creator of the Black & White and Buchannan blends). To this day, the distillery is located on the Tauchers farm, west of Keith in central Speyside. This location was originally chosen because of the railway line running behind the buildings which allowed for simple and cost-effective transportation of supplies.

    There have been extensive upgrades to the site since then, and it was completely rebuilt in 1965. This included an upgrade to the six stills currently operating with a production capacity of around 4.5 million litres per year. The distillery has also changed hands numerous times, and was even mothballed in 1985 – it did not open again until 1992 when it was purchased by Allied Distillers. Chivas Brothers (a subsidiary of Pernod Ricard) have owned and operated the distillery since 2005. Unlike most of the Chivas distilleries, which are heavily automated, Glentauchers is operated manually and is used as a training facility to train Chivas group staff on the art of the manual distilling process.

    The spirit produced at Glentauchers is mainly used for blends, and is said to be one of the key malts used in the creation of both Teacher’s and Ballantine’s blends. As such, single malts from the distillery are rare and generally only a few independent bottlings are available. An official 15 year old expression was released in 2000, but the limited nature of the release means it is not in wide circulation.

    Shop by:
    Shop By

    Shopping Options