Established in 1798, Tobermory distillery is situated in the heart of the Hebridean capital of the Isle of Mull. As well as their original single malt whisky, the distillery also makes range of botanical gins and a peated expression called Ledaig. Ladaig was the original name for the distillery, when it was founded in the Ledaig area of Mull by John Sinclair.
Tobermory Hebridean Mountain Gin was named the best Scottish gin in the 2022 World Gin Awards.
The town of Tobermory on the Isle of Mull is famed for its multicolour houses, and was used as the location for the popular children's tv show Balamory.
Tobermory distillery has a visitor centre, and is open to guests every day of the week.
Founded in 1798 by John Sinclair, a local kelp merchant, Tobermory was formally known of Ledaig. After making its mark on the island for over a hundred years, the Great Depression and the US prohibition forced the distillery to close its doors. For 41 years it remained closed, however in 1993 was granted a new lease of life after being bought by Burn Stewart Distillers. 20 years later it was purchased by Distell, which provided much needed maintenance and renovation for a renewed opening in 2019.