Described as 'a species of fortified lemonade in concentrated form' by Esquire's 1945 Handbook for Hosts, the whisky sour dates back to the mid-19th century. Originally crafted with bourbon, lemon juice and simple syrup, this classic cocktail has inspired numerous variations.
For our whisky sour we've chosen Hibiki Japanese Harmony blended whisky for our base.
- 50ml whisky
- 20ml fresh lemon juice
- 12.5ml simple syrup
- 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Lemon or orange slice and Maraschino cherry to garnish
- Vigorously shake the liquid ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a chilled rocks glass or highball glass.
- Garnish with lemon/orange slice and cherry.