There are six easy steps for selling with The Whisky Shop Auctions:
- Contact us
- Create your TWSA account
- Send your items to us
- Complete booking form
- Enter the auction
- Receive the sale proceeds
We also offer an instant cash-out option – click here for details.
What do we sell?
The Whisky Shop Auctions sells whisky, rum, cognac, gin and other spirits. If an item, in our opinion, has no or minimal value, we will advise at the outset and decline to put it to auction. We do not sell wines, beers and ciders, some ceramic decanters and unsealed products.
The selling process:
Here is how you can get in touch with us:
By Email email@example.com By Phone +44(0)141 427 2950 Speak to your local branch of The Whisky Shop Find your nearest shop Online Register your bottle for sale in our using our online booking form
Create your TWSA account
- If you are a first-time seller on our website, make sure to read our terms & conditions first.
- Set up your TWSA account by adding registration to your basket and creating an account during checkout – if you already have an account with whiskyshop.com, you can sign in with your existing details. There is a nominal registration fee of £5 plus VAT.
- Before you drop off your item(s), it’s best to have registered first, as this saves time.
Send your auction items to us
- Here is how you can get your items safe and secure to our auction house in Glasgow:
Drop off bottles in store
(free insurance up to £250)
Visit one of our 21 shops across the UK and Paris to have our staff check-in your items Find your closest branch of The Whisky Shop here Arrange for UPS Uplift Fill in our form Contact us Drop off at a UPS access point Fill in our form Contact us Drop off at our Auction House in Glasgow Please contact us to arrange an appointment at our Auction House. TWSA
Unit E Woodville Court
Collection Service We offer collection throughout the country. There may be a charge for this service. Contact us to arrange collection Post Send to our Auction House by your preferred service. TWSA
Unit C Woodville Court
Note: There will be a cost for packing, shipping and insurance.
Book in the item(s) you have for sale
- If you have dropped off your item(s) at one of our stores, you will be given a simple delivery receipt. Your item(s) will be booked in when it arrives at our centre in Glasgow.
- When we receive your item(s) at our centre, we will check it thoroughly for condition and authenticity and assess its auction value.
- We will then part complete the auction booking-in form that is on our website. We will complete the following fields:
- Description of the item
- Condition of the item
- Start date
- End date
- We will then notify you by email that your item(s) has been booked in and is awaiting your confirmation to proceed.
- You will then be able to log in to your TWSA account and complete the booking process. You can:
- Nominate a different start date
- Nominate the number of days exposure – up to 10
- Tick the box to confirm your acceptance
- At our discretion, we may agree with you to set a reserve price on higher value items (with lower estimates of at least £150) for a fixed fee to be agreed (minimum £5.00 +VAT). Reserves will not be set higher than 80% of the item’s lower estimate.
- When you have confirmed your acceptance, we will be authorised to proceed, and your item(s) will enter the auction.
- If the reserve is not met, your item will not be sold.
Enter the auction
- We will then photograph and catalogue your item and put it online as agreed.
- The lot description will either have 2D or 360 spin photography, both of which are our copyright and may not be copied. The description shall not be capable of amendment, except in the case of manifest error.
Payment for auctioned items
- When the auction of your item(s) has closed you will receive a confirmation by email from us with a link to your itemised TWSA account, where you can see the sale price(s) achieved, any deductions and the net proceeds due to you.
- There are three ways in which you can receive the net auction proceeds:
Virtual Wallet Bank Transfer PayPal Account This is unique to us. We offer a virtual wallet into which you can get paid. You can then use it to pay for:
- Purchased items at auction
- Shipping costs
- Customs charges
And when you wish to take money out of your wallet, just request it to be transferred to your bank or PayPal account.
Upon your instruction, we will transfer funds to your preferred bank account. For international transfers, we will charge any transaction fees incurred to you. We can also pay into a PayPal account if you so wish.
- If an item fails to sell or does not meet its reserve price you can contact us to re-list the product. Alternatively, you can have your item(s) shipped/posted back to you. Charges will apply.
|Store drop off||£24.00||Loss and Breakage cover for up to £250 per consignment|
|UPS Collection UK||£24.00||No loss and breakage cover can be offered|
|UPS Collection EU||£24.00||No loss and breakage cover can be offered|
Instant cash-out option
Some sellers may want to avoid the delay, expense and hassle of selling through the auction process. In these circumstances, we can make a cash offer to purchase all items brought to us at our discretion. Enquire at any of our shops, phone us on +44(0)141 427 2950, or email.
Valuations and private client services
We are happy to provide valuations for probate or any other purpose. Our fees will be subject to agreement in advance for each case.
We also provide buying and selling brokerage services for private clients. Fees are also subject to agreement in advance for each case.
Contact us for more information.