Frequently Asked Questions
Find the answer to some of our customers most common queries about our whisky subscriptions and whisky club. Can't find what you're looking for? Just get in touch
There are various reasons why you may not be receiving your W Club emails. Before getting in touch please:
- Check your spam or junk folder. Your email client may have accidentally marked our emails as spam.
- If you use Gmail make sure to check the ‘Promotions’ and ‘Social’ categories that your inbox filters automatically. Similarly, if you use Outlook, make sure to check the ‘Other’ category in your inbox.
- Sign in to your W Club account and check there are no typos in the email address you have provided.
- Check you have specified the correct ‘local store’ in your Account info (The W Club annual memberships only)
- If you still can’t see our emails then one of our team will be able to help: email [email protected] or call +44 (0)141 427 2919 (open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm).
If you are having trouble signing in to your W Club account, try the following:
- Check you have typed your email address and password as you did during the sign-up process – both fields are case sensitive.
- If you can’t remember your password, simply click ‘Forgot your password?’ beneath the sign in boxes. Type in the email address you used to register your account and we’ll send you a link to reset your password.
- If you think you have the correct details but you still can’t access your account, get in touch and we’ll be happy to help. To help us find your account information as quickly as possible, it’ll be helpful if you can tell us the email address and full name you used to register or activate your account.
- To get in touch email [email protected], call +44 (0)141 427 2919 (open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm), or use the online contact form.
As a member of The W Club you will have access to a wide range of benefits, accessible both online and in store at The Whisky Shop across the UK. Find your nearest store.
These include: exclusive offers and discounts, available only to whisky club members; a quarterly copy of Whiskeria magazine (cover price £4.50) delivered to your door for free; invitations to tastings hosted by your local branch of The Whisky Shop; opportunities to enter competitions unavailable to non-whisky club members; priority notice on limited edition bottlings and new releases arriving at The Whisky Shop; access to Whisky Wednesday discounts; behind the scenes distillery information; members only bottlings, with the occasional opportunity to join the tasting panel and help select the next whisky; monthly 10% off selected products; the chance to join The W Club community and discuss whisky with fellow members.
Non-UK residents are welcome to join The W Club, however please note that free delivery of Whiskeria magazine and tasting panel opportunities will not be included in your membership.
If you would like to receive Whiskeria magazine to an overseas address, please call +44 (0)141 427 2919 and we’ll be happy to discuss postage costs with you.
Let us know right away and we will replace your card, so you can continue to reap all the benefits of W Club membership.
Simply sign into ‘my account’ and update the address details shown. Remember to change your nearest store too, if this is applicable.
If your latest copy of Whiskeria hasn’t arrived, just let us know by emailing [email protected] or calling +44 (0)141 427 2919 and we’ll pop another copy in the post for you.
If you’ve signed up for a tasting run by your local branch of The Whisky Shop and find yourself unable to attend, please let us know as early as possible by calling +44 (0)141 427 2919 so we can allocate the place to another member (and refund you if applicable).
If you’ve bought a W Club membership but the card hasn’t shown up, please tell us as soon as possible by emailing [email protected] or calling +44 (0)141 427 2919.
We’ll let you (or the recipient) know their membership number so they can begin benefitting from their W Club membership, and will put another card in the post for you right away.
By logging into ‘my account’, you’ll be able to see when your current annual membership to The W Club is set to expire. If you wish to stop the auto-renewal of your membership, please get in touch via email at [email protected] or call +44 (0)141 427 2919 and we’ll be happy to help.
If you have an existing customer account at www.whiskyshop.com that uses a different email address to the one linked with your W Club account, you won’t be able to access our members only offers while logged into that account.
Please log out of your whiskyshop.com customer account, then access the offers again via our members-only hub on thewclub.co.uk.
If you’re still having trouble, we’re here to help: call +44 (0)141 427 2919 or email [email protected].
By logging into ‘my account’, you’ll be able to see when your current annual membership to The W Club is set to expire. We’ll also send you a remainder email seven days before your membership is due to expire/renewal and then another remainder on the day of expiry.
There are four main points that define Whisky Wednesdays:
- Whisky Wednesday deals are only available to current active members of the W Club
- Whisky Wednesday deals are limited to a handful of carefully chosen products, and only a limited number of each product will be available to all members of the W Club
- Purchase is limited to one bottle of any given whisky per customer – you may buy multiple different products but no more than one of the same product
- Whisky Wednesday deals are available for 24-hours only
Whisky Wednesday deals can only be accessed by active W Club members. If you’re an active W Club member, you’ll receive a ‘sale now open’ email on Wednesday morning that’ll send you directly to The W Club Members Offers page on www.whiskyshop.com.
All Whisky Wednesday deals are available for Click & Collect free of charge from any of The Whisky Shop stores.
Once the allocated number of offer bottles are gone, they’re gone, and no more will be put on sale at the offer price.
Yes! The W Club Memberships purchased online for personal use (not as a gift) will be auto-activated on completion of purchase, so you’ll be able to sign into your account and access all the exciting benefits of the club right away.
We’ll post your pre-activated membership card out along with your first copy of Whiskeria magazine via Royal Mail, and these should arrive within 2-3 working days. Once you have your membership card you’ll be able to access in-store offers at The Whisky shop too.
As a member of the W Club you are entitled to four complimentary copies of Whiskeria magazine posted direct to your door each year.
Magazines are released quarterly (spring/summer/autumn/winter) and the arrival of a new issue is usually announced via The W Club social media channels (follow @mywclub for all the latest news).
If you think you’ve missed out on an edition of Whiskeria, please first:
- Check that your membership has not expired – you can do so by signing into your Account page.
- Ensure that your delivery details are up to date. Again, you can check and update this on your Account page.
If your account is showing as active with the correct address and your magazine still missing, please contact us on [email protected] or call +44 (0)141 427 2919 and one of our team will look into this for you.