Ardmore Distillery was commissioned by Adam Teacher. Adam was the successor to his father, William, in the family firm, but William died shortly before it was built in 1898. William Teacher & Sons was the largest pub owner in Glasgow, and also exported its successful blended Scotch, Teacher’s Highland Cream, to Asia, Australia, Europe and the West Indies.
Adam and his brother William II purchased land near Kennethmont in Aberdeenshire in 1895 and commenced building their distillery two years later, to supply fillings for their blends. Nowadays it’s known for its sensational single malts, and its robust Highland character.