6 Halloween Party Cocktail Recipes
Each recipe serves one, so make sure to scale up for your guests.
El Diablo Picante
A sweet-spicy rum cocktail, with devil horns serving as a warning to the chillis inside.
- Lightly muddle 1 slice of chilli and 2 fresh raspberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Add 50ml Mount Gay Eclipse, 25ml cranberry juice, 1 tbsp simple syrup and 25ml lime juice.
- Shake with ice, and strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with two chilli tips as your devil horns.
The Poison Toffee Apple
A fruity apple cocktail with a hint of ginger spice, reminiscent of Snow White's apple with it's poisonous blood drips.
- Combine caramel sauce with red food colouring, put on a plate and dip the rim of each glass into the mixture to create this blood effect.
- In a cocktail shaker, add 50ml Jack Daniels Tennessee Apple, 100ml pomegranate juice, 25ml ginger ale.
- Shake, and pour onto ice.
Pumpkin Spice White Russian
A perfect autumnal take on the classic White Russian, as a boozy version of the pumpkin spice latte.
- In a short glass with ice, combine 50ml Grey Goose Original Vodka, 25ml Kahlua and 1 tbsp Monin Pumpkin Spice syrup.
- Stir, then top with heavy cream.
Full Moon Manhattan
Blackberries and activated charcoal bring the darkness, and a spherical ice cube serves as the werewolf's favourite moon.
- Muddle 6 blackberries in a cocktail shaker, add ice, 75ml of Woodford Reserve, 25ml Cocchi Vermouth Di Torino, 1 tbsp simple syrup, 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar, 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters and 1/2 tsp activated charcoal powder.
- Shake, and strain into your glass.
- Add a spherical ice cube as your moon!
Death In The Afternoon
This classic cocktail, invented by Ernest Hemmingway, has a name well-suited to Halloween- and 'the 'green fairy' brings a spooky green-tinged hue.
- Fill your coupe glass with 25ml Sebor Absinth Absinthe, 1 tsp simple syrup and top with champagne or prosecco (about 100ml).
- Add a lemon peel garnish, if desired.
This disguising-looking shot will intrigue at your party, but you can be rest assured that it tastes delicious!
- Pour 25ml peach schnapps into a tall shot glass.
- Gently pour a layer of Bailey's over the top, use the back of a spoon if you'd like.
- Then gently pour a few drops of grenadine in the middle, to curdle the brains!
For more cocktail recipes, see our Mixing It Up section.