6 Summer Scotch Whisky Cocktails
Paper Plane - The Glenlivet
Incorporating the quintessential summertime drink, Aperol, the Paper Plane is a sour but summery whisky cocktail to be enjoyed at those late summer evening dinner parties.
- Add 25ml of The Glenlivet 12 Year Old, 25ml of Aperol, 25ml of Amaro and 25ml of lemon juice to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Double strain into a chilled Coupe glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist, and serve.
Johnnie & Elderflower - Johnnie Walker
Like floral fireworks on your tongue. Enjoy the delicious elderflower cocktail that is Johnnie & Elderflower. Whisky, soda and elderflower cordial come together in a fragrant take on a highball drink.
- Pour 50ml of Johnnie Walker Black Label in a highball glass over ice.
- Stir in 30ml of elderflower cordial and 100ml of soda water.
- Garnish with lemon twist and sprig of lemon thyme. Serve.
Tammie Norie - Highland Park
From our Summer Whiskeria 2023 Mixing It Up feature, this cracking recipe is inspired by the Tammie Norie (puffins) that arrive in Orkney each Spring. Peachy & sweet.
- Combine 37.5ml of Highland Park 12 Year Old, 12.5ml of Creme de peche, 25ml of lemon juice, 25ml of honey syrup and 10ml of strawberry puree in a cocktail shaker.
- Double strain into an ice filled highball glass.
- Top with soda water.
- Add strawberry garnish and serve.
The Glencoco - Glenfiddich
This ultra-refreshing highball takes inspiration from the classic Pina Colada. Moreish and delicious.
- Combine 35ml of Glenfiddich 12 Year Old, 15ml of Monin Coconut Syrup and 100ml of coconut water in a highball glass with ice.
- Stir and top with dried coconut garnish.
Singleton Paloma - The Singleton of Dufftown
Chili-infused honey, grapefruit, and The Singleton come together for a sophisticated libation with a touch of heat.
- Combine 45ml of Singleton 12 Year Old, 30ml pf grapefruit juice and 20ml of chilli honey (honey mixed with chilli flakes) in an ice-filled shaker.
- Strain into a short glass filled with ice.
- Top with soda water and garnish with a wedge of grapefruit.
Al Fresco - Arran
Tall, fresh and sharp. Not for the faint-hearted, the Al Fresco is ideal for those who like their summer drinks to pack a punch!
- Muddle 1 slice of ginger with 10ml of agave in a shaker.
- Add 50ml of Arran Barrel Reserve, 15ml of Yuzu juice, and ice.
- Double strain over ice in a highball glass.
- Top with lemonade, and add a 10ml red wine float.