Digital Drams: Benromach
Get your pack now and tune in to our interactive Zoom on Thursday 7th September!
One of the few independently owned distilleries remaining in Scotland, and the smallest distillery in Speyside, Benromach was established in 1898 on the outskirts of the ancient town of Forres. A decade after United Distillers decided to mothball the site in 1983, it was reopened in its current incarnation, and bottled as a single malt for the first time since the 1900s. The whisky has signature flavours of baking spices, peat, kiwi and grapefruit.
Each pack contains 6 x 3cl samples of:
- Benromach 10 Year Old - an award-winning ten year old, with flavours of delicate peat smoke alongside toasted malt and sweet sherry.
- Benromach 15 Year Old - a multi-award winning classic Speyside whisky, with a palate of stewed fruits, rich fruit cake and plums with sharper notes of red apple skin and kiwi fruit.
- Benromach 21 Year Old - matured in a combination of sherry and bourbon casks, this one brings lots of smoke and flavours of cinnamon, Seville orange and honey.
- Benromach 2012 Peat Smoke Sherry Cask Matured - matured exclusively in first-fill sherry hogshead casks, this nine-year-old whisky holds flavours of rich chocolate and red berries, which give way to sweet peat smoke notes.
- Benromach Cask Strength - matured for 10 years in first-fill bourbon and sherry casks, it was decanted at a bold 59.7% abv. The palate is full of toasted hazelnuts, mixed spice, charred oak and brown sugar.
- Benromach TWS Exclusive 2007 57.5% #137 - ???
Additionally, following the event, you will receive a 15% discount on all the whiskies sampled.
The event will take place on Thursday 7th September at 7:30pm, and we'd love for you to join us on zoom.
To join our W Club, click here.