5 Summer Japanese Whisky Cocktails
Coco - Wari - Nikka Whisky
A summer-time version of the traditional japanese mizuwari –whisky and mineral water–, the coco-wari uses coconut water for its refreshing properties. Coco-Wari is a perfect match for the Nikka Coffey Grain whisky’s sweet and tropical profile.
- Pour 50ml of Nikka Coffey Grain whisky in a chilled highball glass.
- Fill the glass with ice and stir to chill.
- Top the glass with coconut water and stir once more.
Matcha Tea Highball - Hatozaki Whisky
The signature cocktail by Hatozaki whisky, this highball is an elegant combination of distinctive Japanese flavours.
- Combine 40ml of Hatozaki Finest Blended whisky with 15ml of lemon juice and 15ml of honey.
- Add 1/4 tsp of matcha green tea powder and top up with soda water.
- Stir well.
- Add ice and serve.
Toki Julep - House of Suntory
For a blended whisky that boasts notes of grapefruit and peppermint, a lively and herbal julep cocktail is the one of the best ways to drink Toki blended whisky in cocktail form.
- Muddle 5 mint leaves in a short glass with 2 tsp simple syrup.
- Pour in 50ml Toki whisky, and fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Stir until glass is chilled.
- Garnish with a grapefruit slice and mint sprig.
Yubari Highball - Nikka Whisky
This simple yet effective Yubari highball expertly brings out the complex flavour of Nikka From The Barrel.
- Combine 30ml Nikka From The Barrel, 50ml of fresh melon juice and 15ml of fresh lemon juice in a highball glass.
- Add ice cubes and stir.
- Top up with soda water and garnish with two thin slices of melon.
Hakushu Highball - House of Suntory
Perhaps the best whisky for a classic Japanese highball, the fresh and vibrant Hakushu hints at the echoes of nature - with distinct herbal notes complimenting the nature that the Japanese love to contemplate from their home.
- Fill a highball glass with 50ml of Hakushu 12 Year Old.
- Fill with ice and top with soda water.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.