Digital Drams: Tobermory
This time, we're sampling three whiskies from their heavily peated Ledaig range and two classic Tobermory single malts. Get your pack now, and accompany us on the 20th of July for a bespoke journey through Tobermory's, and it's smokier sister, offerings.
Established in 1798, Tobermory distillery is situated in the heart of the Hebridean capital of the Isle of Mull. The distillery produces two types of single malt: unpeated Tobermory whisky for 6 months of the year and peated Ledaig whisky for the other half. Meaning 'safe haven', Ledaig is pronounced like 'Lech-ig' and was the original name of the distillery when it was founded in the Ledaig area of Mull by John Sinclair.
Each pack contains 5 x 3cl samples of:
- Tobermory 12 Year Old - matured in American oak casks, the whisky holds notes of tropical fruits on the palate, with plenty of creaminess and a hint of spice making way for a chewy-toffee finish.
- Tobermory 21 Year Old - lovingly finished in Oloroso sherry casks, this bold and vibrant 21 Year Old showcases flavours of caramel, Demerara sugar, and pine, with a bright, refreshing, and sweet finish.
- Ledaig 9 Year Old Red Wine Finish - matured exclusively in Bordeaux red wine casks, and boasting flavours of honeydew melon, grape, and barbecued meats.
- Ledaig 10 Year Old - holds a palate of charred oak, smoke, spices and a dash of pepper. The finish is medium length with smoky, earthy notes.
- Ledaig 18 Year Old - recreates the style of malt whisky that would have originally been produced at the distillery. Rich and smoky sherry notes are balanced with seaweed and light creosote in the mouth, before a long smoky finish with liquorice and sea spray notes.
The event will take place on Thursday 20th July at 7:30pm, we'd love for you to join us on zoom.
To join our W Club, click here.